Having finished a lot of previous projects, I am finally starting a new one, one I have been thinking about for a while.
I cut a ton of 2″ strips from black and white fabrics I had collected, probable cutting way too much, nothing new for me. And next I cut another ton of center triangles. Loving the triangle shape these days.
Then I made about 140 of these triangle patterns using freezer paper. These are the foundations on which the strips are sewn.
And here is the result of my sewing so far, not even halfway finished, but lots of fun along the way. I’m still thinking about getting some color into all this neutral, but that will happen when I get all the blocks on the design wall. Maybe some magic will happen.
And here below are all the scraps from trimming the extras off the edges of the foundations. I started throwing them into this nice bowl, and all of a sudden they were an arty project all on their own. Gonna keep doing this and see how full it gets.